This advert is open for application by external applicants.
Equity Statement :Preference will be given to suitably qualified Applicants who are members of the designated groups in line with the Employment Equity Plan and Targets of the Organisation/Operating Division.
Applicants that are interested in applying for any of the advertised positions must apply by registering on the Careers section of the Transnet Internet. Please take care in completing all required details on the profile, and then apply for the position.
Alternative Application Methods: (Completed Curriculum Vitae to be submitted)
E-mail : TNPARecruitment3@transnet.net
The closing date is on 18.09.2017. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that HR has received the application before the closing date of the advertisement
Note: if you have not been contacted within 30 days of the closing date of this advertisement please consider your application as unsuccessful. Any questions regarding the application or recruitment process should be sent in writing to NOXOLO.GUMEDE@TRANSNET.NET. We urge all our employees, clients, members of the public and our suppliers to report any kind of fraud or corruption at Transnet. Call the hotline toll free number: 0800 003 056 or email Transnet@tip-offs.com Operating Division : Transnet NPA Position Title : Divisional Deputy Company Secretary Employee Group : Permanent Department : LR&C, Company Secretariat, PKT Location : Johannesburg Reporting To : Divisional Company Secretary Grade Level : G Reference Number : 10155644 Position Purpose : To ensure that TNPA maintains a high standard of corporate governance and business ethics in support of the Company Secretary” functions. Ensuring that TNPA complies to relevant legislation, such as the Companies Act, and Company policies and procedures with respect to:
• Writing up and keeping proper minutes of meeting proceedings as a permanent record of resolutions and required actions;
• Obtaining declarations of interests and gifts from all management members on a bi-annual basis and keeping it in a proper format for audit purposes; and
• Compiling and maintaining delegated authority levels for senior management in accordance with company policy. Position outputs :
• Perform “Company Secretariat” function for the Division;
• Obtain and consolidate discussion items and draw up meeting agendas, minutes, action items and attend to the
PLEASE NOTE: Transnet, its employees or representatives never ask for a fee from job seekers. Any such requests are fraudulent. Please report any suspicious activities in this regard to the Transnet anti-fraud line on 0800 003 056. necessary for the statutory meetings involving top TNPA Management members and any other meeting/s as instructed;
• Liaise with the Chairpersons and committee members with respect to item 2 above;
• Attend the meeting mentioned in item 2 above and write up full and accurate minutes of all actions, decisions and resolutions taken during the said meetings;
• Ensure minutes are approved at subsequent meetings signed by the relevant Chairpersons and kept on record;
• Prepare Delegation of Authority documents for the EXCO, Port managers and Senior Managers, Lighthouse Services and Dredging Services for signature in line with Transnet policy in this regard. Maintain proper records hereof and advise senior members on their powers of approval as per their specific delegations. Assist Head Office managers below EXCO level and Port Managers with the issuing of Delegation of Authorities;
• Obtain annual Declaration of Interests from all Port Management members, advise staff members in this regard, keep a proper record of such declarations and updates received from staff members and respond to audit queries where required;
• Assist the Port Managers in maintaining Declaration of Interest systems in the ports;
• Ensure Terms of References / mandates of the various committees are kept updated;
• Do the changes and get them signed off by the various Chairpersons;
• Maintain gift registers for the Ports to ensure gifts received are declared in line with the Company Policy and Code of Ethics;
• Maintain a proper and reliable records system for the Secretariat function to ensure paper records and electronic records with respect to the above functions are kept safe and retrievable when required;
• Liaise with Transnet Group Secretariat on a wide basis to keep abreast with latest company policy and requirements and also to elevate issues emanating from the divisional meetings to Group bodies / committees;
• Communicate corporate statutory information e.g. changes in Directors which need to be reflected on letterheads which has implications on compliance to the Companies Act;
• Support the members of the Committees referred to, in point 2 above, and other staff in general with matters emanating from meetings, Delegations of Power, Declarations of Interest and queries;
• Prepare the annual corporate calendar in liaison with the various Chairpersons in line with the Group calendar;
• Liaise with internal and external auditors during regular or special audits of the secretariat function or during forensic audits;
• Conduct audits into the ports governance committees; and
• Verify whether contracts are signed in line with the necessary DOA. Qualifications & Experience :
• Legal/Company Secretarial qualification or proven progress towards obtaining such qualification.
• 3 years (Company Secretarial experience). Competencies : KNOWLEDGE:
• Sound knowledge of all appropriate legislation incl. central and local government requirements which includes supervisory requirements imposed by governmental , regulators and international organisations;
• Strategic and operational compliance management;
• Corporate law , administrative law, financial legislation, SHEQ legislation, maritime legislation
• Sound knowledge of risk management. SKILLS:
• Self-development; • Communication skills (Verbal & Written);
• Detailed orientation;
• Relationship building;
• Interpersonal skills;
• People Management;
• Relationship with regulators;
PLEASE NOTE: Transnet, its employees or representatives never ask for a fee from job seekers. Any such requests are fraudulent. Please report any suspicious activities in this regard to the Transnet anti-fraud line on 0800 003 056. • Presentation skills;
• Identify and develop talent for the compliance function.
ATTRIBUTES: • Initiative; • Confidentiality; • Customer focused; • Interpersonal sensitivity; • Patience; • Influence; • Attention to detail; • Logical thinking; • Information seeking; • Strategic planning; • Adaptable; • Tenacity; • Accuracy; • Networking; • Process and systems orientated; • Outputs driven and deadline driven. PLEASE NOTE: Transnet, its employees or representatives never ask for a fee from job seekers. Any such requests are fraudulent. Please report any suspicious activities in this regard to the Transnet anti-fraud line on 0800 003 056.