Distell invites applications for individuals to participate in their an 18 month Millwright, Refrigeration, Fitting and Turning Apprenticeship Programme. These opportunities are based at Greenpark and Stellenbosch. The successful applicant will report to the Engineering Manager and Maintenance Foreman. This exciting entry level career opportunity is suited to a highly motivated, hardworking, committed individual who is reliable, punctual and determined to succeed. The successful candidate will be expected to enter into a contract commencing on 1 October 2017.
Distell is a multinational brewing and beverage company that produces and markets spirits, fine wines, ciders and ready-to-drinks (RTDs).
Purpose of Position:
Undergo training in the trade of fitting and turning to qualify as an Artisan
- Undergoing training in the trade of the apprenticeship and to qualify as an Artisan;
- Participating in the apprenticeship training programme;
- Delivery quality work at all times; and
- Performing allocated duties.
The successful candidate must preferably have the following experience / skills / qualifications:
- Matric with Maths and Science
- N3 – N6 in Engineering studies with an aggregate of 75% and above (Millwright).
- N2 or Diploma in Engineering studies with relevant Mechanical orRefrigeration trade theory.
- Good technical problem solving skills;
- Have proven verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Attention to detail (meticulous and accurate); and
- Sound knowledge of safety regulations and procedures.
How to apply
Closing date is 25 August 2017.