Primary Location: ZA-Northern Cape
Division : Absa/Barclays Africa
Corporate Grade : BA2
Job Type : Permanent/Regular
Job Sector: Retail and Business Banking
When a customer walks into one of our branches, they want to be able to get their hands on all the great products and services we have to offer with minimum of fuss. And the first people they come to are our Branch Service Officials. Whether it’s doing the simple things like helping a customer making a deposit, or using your judgment to refer them to the right colleague, your welcoming smile and commitment to everyday excellence will be what makes your branch uniquely Absa.
What you’ll give our customers
Your role will be to maximise the customer experience by providing courteous and professional service experience to walk-in customers and ensuring that all customer queries and processing of clients’ financial transactions are dealt with in an efficient manner thus resulting in a high level of service to promote Absa’s products and services.
The success of everyone at Absa is measured by our ability to put our customers at the center of everything we do. To achieve this you will need the following:
- Relevant (finance specific) Degree / Diploma / Certificate would be an advantage
- 1- 2 year teller experience in a retail banking environment
- 1 year customer facing experience in a financial institution
- Clear criminal record
- Application: On our application form we ask for information like your contact details, education and work experience. You will also be required to upload a CV, so it’s a good idea to have this ready.
- Online Assessments: We’ll then ask you to complete online assessments if you have passed our minimum screening criteria. You will also receive an email with the link to these assessments so you can complete them when it suits you best. Our assessments are carefully designed to measure the skills and capabilities necessary to be successful in our roles.
- Interview: If you are successful in our assessments we will contact you to conduct a brief telephonic interview before we invite you to attend a face to face interview.
- Outcome: Following your interview we’ll be in touch within five working days to advise you of the outcome.