CLOSING DATE : 05 May 2017
EThekwini Municipality is offering Work Experience, WIL and Internship opportunities for the 2017 / 2018 financial year in various fields.
Applications are invited from candidates who have completed or persuing a qualification on a National Certificate; 3 year National Diploma/Bachelor’s degree ; B.Tech / Postgraduate diploma / Honours degree / Masters degree in the following study fields:
|Finance and Economics [x74]
|Agriculture, Natural Sciences, Environmental Studies [x21]
|Life Science [x12]
|Engineering and Built Environment [x9]
|Managements Sciences [x91]
|Health Sciences [x10]
|Art and Design [x14]
|Risk Management [x8]
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR APPLICANTS:
The work experience learners will receive a monthly stipend as follows:
- R1779.32 per month for a qualification less than 2 years ( or work integrated learning)
- R2885 .40 per month for a two year qualification
- R3606.76 per month for a 3 year qualification (National Diploma, B degree)
- R4207.88 per month for a 4 year qualification (Post graduate Diploma, B.Tech, Honours)
- R5410.13 per month for a Masters Degree.
- People who have already participated/benefited in Government or the private sector Work Experience/ Internship/In-service Programme for a period of 12 months and above will not be considered.
- Applicants must be in possession of a recognized qualification(s)
- Applicants must be South African citizens.
- Applications must be submitted through on-line application system found at- www.durban.gov.za and click on eCareers. Applicants are advised that fax, e-mails, manual and late applications will not be accepted.
- Due to a large amount of correspondence we envisage receiving, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should you not hear from us within 3 months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
- Employment Equity Principles will be applicable in the recruitment process, to redress the imbalances in work experience placement experienced by designated groups, to ensure their equitable representation in all categories. People with disabilities who meet the requirements are encouraged to apply.
- People who have previously applied need to reapply.
HOW TO APPLY
Note: Once your profile has been created on the system, you will receive an email confirming that you have successfully registered. This email will contain your Username and Password which can be used to access e-Careers
Once logged in, you may complete and submit your application Step 5: Ensure that all fields are populated Step 6: Once you have submitted an application, an email acknowledging your application will be sent to your inbox so ensure you have a valid e-mail address
ENQUIRIES : Lihle Sishi / Phindile Tshabangu Tel 031 311 3192